Monday, November 10, 2008

Eli's surgery

Eli will be having surgery on Jan 15th. He has to have his hypoapdias repair. His urethra tube stopped growing and in turn so did his penis. We are not sure why this happened but the surgery will fix it. The skin on the top of his penis is actually longer than the skin on the bottom so that makes it curve down instead of sticking straight out. The surgery will take about 1 1/2 hours and they will be doing it at Vanderbilt Hospital. Dr Brock is the surgeon he did Case Hooten's surgery as well. I am totally scared to death but everything will be okay. I a few weeks to worry over. I will just be glad when this whole thing is over. When he gets home he will have a tube in the end of his penis so that he doesn't pee through the repaired part. He wears that for 5 days and then the doctors removed that. They told me that he will be bruise, swollen, and ugly after the surgery and the doctor stressed that point so that we did not freak out afterwards. I just need everyone to pray for us. I know that we will be fine it is just alot to deal with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying constantly for you, your peace of mind, and Eli! Everything will be fine. I know it's scary though...I can't begin to imagine.

Leslie West said...

Hey girl, I just want to let you know I'm here for you! I will be sure to pray for Eli, but I know things will be fine. Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for Eli. Everynight Nick says a prayer for him. I will do anything you need me to or help out any way I can. I love you all.